Wednesday 17 December 2008

Taking Photos

I've been pretty busy the last few weeks with non-gaming things, so I haven't got any more progress shots to show at the moment.
I have, however, been researching a few things and trying to pull together content for TPLC.
Recently I came across a very good article about photographing miniatures.
I've been doing it all wrong!  I'd arrived at settings just by playing with the manual exposure settings on the camera without knowing what I was doing.  As a result, the light at my disposal that first time shooting dictated my aperture and exposure settings.  
My aperture settings were set too wide, hence the depth of field issues I was getting on the massed battlegroup shots.  I've just tried setting the aperture smaller on some work in progress, and it does sort out the depth of field issue.  
The only problem now is that with such a small aperture, my exposure time blows out to 1/4 sec which means my shaky hands cause issues.  I think with better light sources, plus a tripod and timer settings, this could start to work.
The only problem is that now I won't be able to hide my dodgy painting behind blurry photography!

No comments:

Post a Comment